United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit M850

Garage List
2019 540i  [0.00]
2013 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
In a BMW showroom in the US, the 3 or 4 Series choices will be the sedan, the coupe, the Gran Coupe, or a X3 SAV. We have no station wagons...I need to go to Volvo or MB for one of those, if I liked their cars, both of which I've had in the past. If one wants a BMW here, one must live within those choices. I'm not interested in a tall SAV and rule out the inefficiency of a trunk or a 2-door. That leaves the GC and is likely the appearance I will find with the electric powertrain of the i4 in that same body.

I am already being completely honest with myself. I just have different values that do you. I have been happily living with my Grand Touring, which many others avoid due to design. Who cares? For me, the functionality wins over by far. I can put my bike inside one day or a full load from a Costco trip, or all our luggage on the way to the airport on another. Also, I am being honest with stating that I do not care what others think about how it looks, nor consider "majority rule" in deciding such subjective issues. I may have years ago...but one grows out of that kind of externally-derived esteem.
Well said Sportstick. I do believe that some on this forum and others like it forget that subs like this are the minority of BMW owners not the majority. Now could enough pushback on aesthetics cause BMW to change the looks? Possibly, but likely not happening anytime soon. The grille thing is at this point becoming senseless rhetoric. Imo there's been enough posts/talks about it that for those that don't like it simply move on instead of joining the peanut gallery.