View Single Post
      05-01-2024, 10:08 AM   #57
Mvergani
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50D G05

hi, my G05 Radar got stolen as well in West London last week and I know at least other 4 cars which had the same done overnight in the close neighbourhood. Clearly an organized crime.

I called BMW Park Royal and they were entirely unhelpful, refusing to give me the part numbers or to take a look at the car for no fee to give me a quote. Only way would be to book it in and pay for the inspection or replacement.

I then called another deal who was refusing to share the p/n, so I got a bit pissed and reminded them that the UK Competitive Law Act prevents them from abusing dominant positions and prevent us, as consumers to obtain the information required to maintain or upgrade our cars from whomever we want. (BMW has already been fined several times for such behaviours ....).

So, with a bit of forcing I have eventually obtained the part number, but I have however decided to buy from new given the need to reload the whole software and recalibrate ..... and I will claim through the insurance.

The key issue is how to prevent another theft...... I saw P/N 66315A336F7, but I'm not sure that it works on X5, nor that it is that much more secure... Any opinion from the forum members who have already installed it would be appreciated. Thanks
Appreciate 0