View Single Post
      08-12-2020, 04:40 PM   #45
Calamari
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G21 330d, 2008 E87 118i

I did some more fine tuning of the MATCH-UP 7BMW integrated DSP after two days of listening.

I've followed the instructions in the Audio-Fischer Sound Tuning magazine for fine adjustments of phase/delay hoping to get ideal front sound stage. Once I got familiar with the process, I must say that it's fairly easy to do it by ear.

The end result is Fantastic!

Finally the stage is right in front of me. Not below, not to the middle of the car, but directly in front in the eye line. Adjusting the time aligment of left and right woofers with mids further improved the midbass and lower bass precision. All in all, this is now a great system. Even with factory woofers, I am very impressed with it. I don't think I'll upgrade the OEM under-seat woofers as i really don't see the need for that.

I am sharing my sound setup file in the attachment. Just remove the .pdf extension after downloading. Beware that my car is left-hand drive. So for RHD cars, you can just load this configuration, then navigate to TIME, and switch the time alignment/distances of left channels to right, and vice versa for fronts, rears and woofers. Center channel distance should remain as it is. This will set the stage to RHD directly in front of the driver.

Here is the link to Audiotec-Fischer Sound Tuning magazine:
http://audiotec-fischer.de.dedivirt2...70d008e6b1.pdf

I am attaching my sound setup file.(BMW G20 LHD, OEM woofers, ETON components for L,R and Center channel)
You can find it at the bottom of this post. Just remove .pdf extension and then load the .afpx file into the DSP tool.

Below is the screenshot of time-aligments for LHD. For RHD, just switch the distances of left to right, and vice versa.

Feel free to use this DSP setup file, and let me know how it sounds with your setup.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW-G20-General-Setup-Limo-fine-time-aligned.afpx.pdf (2.4 KB, 517 views)

Last edited by Calamari; 08-13-2020 at 05:09 AM..
Appreciate 3
VipinLJ1949.00
pneumodoc235.00
Realw568.50