11-03-2020, 02:56 PM   #22
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
If he hadn't done exactly the same thing in his last year at RBR I might see your point. But Seb is simply unprofessional, period.

I expect sparks to fly at Aston Martin next year with VET and STR in the same garage. VET will come out worse of course, his daddy is not part owner.
wasn't there a performance-based exit clause in that final contract year at rbr, i.e., didn't he gain the right to jump ship because the "car" wasn't performing? Yeah, I'm not sure we saw Seb at his best in that season either.

I probably see F1 more Machiavellian than most. I don't care if there's any love or loyalty between teams and managers, drivers and teams, drivers and drivers, teammates. The more ruthless on and off track stuff (within reason -- not rooting for grievous injuries or death), the better.

And on that note, let the sparks fly at Aston next year. Seb must surely have performance assurances and related stipulations structured into the contract. He's not that naive. Mopping the floor with a 4x wdc would look too good on the Stroll resume.

I just sincerely hope he's racing the Ferraris as well.

Appreciate 2
minn1914022.50