View Single Post
      06-13-2019, 09:12 AM   #13
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by dst211 View Post
Yes. I’m waiting as well for all of those reasons. Hopefully we get a return of the glacier silver color and an extended shadow line package. I also suspect we’ll get the 48 volt electric system before the lci.

I’m actually likely waiting 2-4 years though as I bought out my ‘16 f30 lease so I will likely be underwater on the loan for a bit.

Also. I had a ‘13 f30 and a ‘16 f30 lci. The overall quality of the MY16 car was light years ahead of the original car. BMW seems to slip in small fixes and revisions each year. Cumulatively, they add up to a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
also, yolo. you can wait for glacier silver. you could also have a massive stroke tomorrow. don't wait for everything.
Life's full of compromises. As I've gotten older, I've learned to be more patient and a bit less reactive. Also, this is a pretty well informed forum that knows how BMW does things.

Adding things like extended shadowline trim will happen sooner rather than later. Merino leather interior may happen if BMW North America decides to bring a more upscale environment "down" to the 3 (they've been moving the 3 and 4 further apart and have been keeping things like Merino exclusive to the 4/X4 world). A 48 volt electric system goes to the core of the car's architecture. I wouldn't expect it before the LCI and very much doubt it will happen in this gen at any all. Adding back an old color is highly questionable to me. When BMW adds a color, it tends to be something new.
Appreciate 0