View Single Post
      08-07-2019, 05:10 PM   #8
SoCal_NSX
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Rumor has it that enough deposits have been put down on C8s to account for the entire 2020 model year run.

So unless you've reserved your spot sorta-kinda Tesla-style, you may be waiting longer than a year.

Meanwhile: R8 = Raging Italian bull in a clean, nifty, semi-reliable German suit. It's what I'd get if I totaled my Porsche and, well, didn't want another Porsche.
That is just a rumor according to my local dealer that I stopped by to see the other day....he said most of the first allocations are all spoken for, but it's hardly sold out.... either way though, it's gonna be awhile before you actually get the car if you're not on first allotments and even then it's gonna be 5-6 months

I think the smart move might be to search for a great deal on an R8 and drive it a couple years then maybe sell it for not much of a loss hopefully and then get the 2021 C8 or maybe a deal on a used one....

Btw, there are other options that might come up .... I was watching a very clean 2007 28k mile Vantage on BaT yesterday that sold for $38k

A lot of great cars out there these days in the sub$50k range
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00