View Single Post
      10-04-2019, 09:09 AM   #37
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
This is hilarious. Thank you for taking the time to point out the difference between slander and libel. Although I should have chosen my words more carefully, your reply above does not remove the fact that you insinuated that you should stay away from our product based off of "contributions" in another thread that were not made.

In response to your diversion posted above, you did not enlighten me on what I posted that gave you the notion that you should not purchase our product. You did pick up on the use of the word slander used in the form of a noun, when I used it as a verb. They are different. Fact is, I said nothing in another thread that would make one assume that our product is unsafe for consumption and rather than answer my question to point out what I said, that reflects this notion, you diverted while making an ass of yourself.

Raging? Nah, I don't get upset over what random strangers have to say on the internet. For you to assume that it upsets me or that I can/will use it for fuel for the gym is comical.
While I can't help but feel there is a little bit of a bitter undertone in both your replies, I truly hope I'm wrong and that you are indeed finding this hilarious. For I too am greatly enjoying myself.

And wouldn't it be nice if neither of us held any animosity to the other? I can assure you that's the case on my end, and it won't change despite your reply. I understand I'm repeating myself, but this is because neither of us really matter online. I believe there are some relationships that people have from this site, but for the majority of members, if you were to stop posting, you'd be quickly forgotten by everyone, except for those perhaps who have your email / cell. It doesn't matter whether you think you are well known here or not, you will be forgotten. The same applies in all work environments. Leave, and all the employees will quickly forget you. Move away from friends and they'll forget you. Family is about the only thing where hopefully you matter. And even that isn't a given sadly.

The initial post was made purely in jest, I do wonder if you were having a bad day / outside factors, as normally you would pass such stuff by if it wasn't funny, but this time you decided to attack which suggests to me you either feel much more protective about a company you were joking about leaving not long ago due to office space reconfigurations, or there were outside factors contributing to a bad day and you decided to let off a little steam in this direction.

Your response just piques the simple curiosity I have which causes me to try to analyze (wrongly at times and perhaps this was one of them) why people acted in a certain way in a given situation and whether there are other factors at play than those at the surface. But it doesn't trigger any animosity.

I'm not defending my statement, I cannot be more clear, it was made in jest, there is no defense.

You can always put me on your ignore list though if you'd prefer!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00