02-25-2020, 11:26 AM   #32
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
This will be my next ride for sure, i have the i3s for now and gonna enjoy the crap out of this car and when the i4 comes i will be prepared to be blown away, there is so much riding on this car for BMW if they slip up on this car, then they will loose so, so much more then they have already lost to Tesla in terms of costumers i am willing to stake that people jobs depends on the success of this car both those hard workers at the BMW plants across to globe but also some heads might roll higher up the chain at BMW if this car fails.

So they better deliver a proper EV car with the i4.

i3 and the i3s as good as the car is even with another battery renewal for the rumored 420-450 km that they plan to deliver to the i3, The i3 is starting to feel old and it shows on the car even if the car has gotten a lot higher sales then before especially here in Sweden it is an old car.

The ix3 will be a good car but only if the target audience with it can learn how to handle an ev car, Now this is an harsh genrelsation but the SUV took the market from the Mini Vans of yesterday, and the Vans are targeted at families so is the SUV/SAV market and when hauling families around town, it needs to be safe, it needs to be able to handle all the weird situations people with today's Vans/SAV/SUVs put them self in as for example kids messing about with the air con system or cranking up the heat up and down then they can't have the so called guess o meter that those of us have with the I3 have, the damn thing aint correct for five minutes before it goes of and do something weird you decrease or increase the fan speed the damn car jumps from 280 km in one charge down to 260 km it is not an option on the IX3.

So there is a lot riding on the i4 success obviously it will never target the hardcore purist drivers at this point for them there is only one thing that makes a car great, I6, V8, V12 engine, manual a must, hydraulic steering to feel the road and a roaaar to go with that engine that wakes the whole neighborhood up Oh and obviously it can't have huge kidneys/grills because that is the end of the world, but on a more serious note, it needs to take back a lot of sales from the Model 3 or at least the Model S buyers they have felt a bit left out sens the Model 3 released. So BMW could take those costumers potentially because German engineering and quality.

So BMW if they are reading this forums, they need to go all out on this car and hit a good money spot for it it needs to hit around 55 000$ - 72-75 000$ when fully loaded or they will have a hard time.

Just my thoughts i don't know maybe i am far to off on this one.

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)

Last edited by Nahlem; 02-25-2020 at 11:37 AM..
Appreciate 0