06-25-2020, 04:50 AM   #2
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_M3 View Post
Hey guys, this is my first non-BMW post to this forum. Im 6 foot, 21 year old, 226lb guy. I workout a ton and play Hockey at my college but for years now, it seems I haven't been able to really cut down on my weight. I've tried a lot of different diets like intermittent fasting but nothing really did it for me. I meal prep weekly and my meals were healthy foods but, I felt like my lack of knowledge of macros in the foods I was eating, mixed in with my failure to meet my macro goals in protein and calories etc didn't help. I just dont know enough about what and how much of what to eat to truly cut my weight down and get closer to what I want to look like.

So I bit the bullet and paid a professional to make a personalized diet, cardio, and lifting program for me. The program is an 8 week program and dictates what each meal and how much each meal has, as well as a full cardio and lifting regime for me to follow. Having the program be so structured helps me follow it to the T, added in with the fact the I want to get the most out of the money I spent.

Ill post updates when I have time but if you guys have any questions or any feed back etc, id be happy to respond.

Good luck. But in a nutshell...Calories in vs. Calories out. Look in the gym thread. A lot of good people give advice in there. I have outlined my program more times than I can remember.

Find the number of calories per day you body burns to hold your weight. Introduce a deficit of ~500 calories per day. My macros are 50%P, 30%C, and 20%F when cutting. When bulking I use a 40/40/20 approach as carbs are protein sparing and you can drop your protein intake a bit. I do not factor in my cardio or workouts when figuring out my calories. What I burn there is just an added benefit.

Been going from around 12% down to 7% or lower each year for the last 15 years doing this.

As I am getting older.....I like to stay in the 10% range and not have the huge weight swings anymore.

Just takes patience. I advise anyone doing this to get as low a BF as they can at least once in their life. I have been down to 5.6%. After doing that...you tend to learn your body.

Again...Good Luck!