View Single Post
      10-08-2020, 01:43 PM   #90
New2Roundel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Some fun stuff

Garage List
I don't find any of these options terribly appealing. I like the styling of the supra, but I don't like that it's auto-only and that it's a BMW underneath. The forthcoming M4 is just not a good looking car. I don't know if I could own one---I will have to see one in person, but I'm not hopeful. Then I come to the C8. I've seen about 4 of these at different Cars and Coffee events near me. I can't get into the styling or the auto-only. If I needed a modern corvette in my life, I'd go C7 all day long. Not even a second thought.

If I was limited to this list and had to purchase something in the next 6-8 months? I'd probably go with a poverty spec M4 with manual and whatever optional performance stuff is available. Though I'd be ok with a nearly base car. My e92 has very few options. My old mustang GT had very few options. My mkV GTI that I got back in the day was referred to as a "package 0" car. I don't like a lot of stuff in my performance cars.

If I could get whatever I wanted for say, $80k or less, though? Everything that would come to mind for at least initial consideration (new or used) would be: cayman or 911, C7 grand sport, upcoming Z, Alfa 4C (despite being an "auto"!), nicest Viper I could get into for $80K. I'd do my best to getting some time behind the wheel of all of these and end up with whichever felt the best to me.
Appreciate 0