View Single Post
      10-21-2020, 04:25 PM   #1572
nikeetz
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpurnell View Post
I was bored so looked through this thread to find the common carrier names, and found that most are either RCC, Wallenius, or K-Line. I assumed that BMW wasn't showing up at the dock in Altamira trying to charter a RORO for the week. I figured out there were 5 ships that would go from Altamira to at least near Baltimore after my car was built. I didn't really pay much attention to Newark as I knew my car would go to Baltimore (port location on Vehicle Inquiry from dealer). Your best bet for Newark is the Polaris Highway, leaving Altamira on 10/29 and getting to Newark on 11/5. The RCC ships seem to take a long route and the WW and K-line seem to be faster. This is the K-line schedule that includes Newark for the next few weeks.

My last two BMW's were European Delivery and I found it fascinating to find what ship you were on (Maersk at the time I think, maybe WW) and track it from the day it was loaded. At that time most of the ports had live webcams so you could see the ship as it left Bremerhaven and eventually arrived in Newark. This process from Mexico seems way more disconnected than it did from Germany.
Thank you for the info. My car actually got loaded yesterday onto the Grand Champion est. arrival of Nov. 1st.
Appreciate 0