VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merami fan View Post
My exact response...

Over the phone. The SA had to 'find out' and call me later with a quote. I said, "What!? Five hundred??? Don't do it then..."
For $520, it would make more sense to just destroy it and buy a replacement for the lease return... I've seen some of their techs on lunch breaks. Maybe they are factoring in the 2 hour extended lunch break for 3 hours of labor total?

Haven't picked up the car yet; was told it would be ready before the end of the day. Don't think applying an update would take more than an hour or so, but they are very busy. 3-4 appointments scheduled per 15 minute slot. Will re-attempt install if necessary when the weather permits (Thursday). Vinyl for the chrome window trim delete just came in, too.

Anyone know a place that would do the grill swap? Anywhere on Long Island, as far west as NYC.
Google bmw workshops around your area and ask them for quotes?
I believe it was in this forum that someone said the tech replaced it in like 10-15 mins? 3 hrs for a grill change? Even I didn't take an hour for my first time! And I'm someone with zero technical knowledge.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 1