View Single Post
      05-12-2019, 01:57 PM   #5
BimmerFix
Major
Rep
Drives: 24' M3 Competition RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauleebe View Post
I had adaptive on my past two F30 3 series leases, but didn't order it on my G20.

My reasoning was because adaptive has been historically packaged with VSS or other items I felt I needed, and because the non-adaptive suspension (M sport or not) on the 3 series was trash in my opinion. You also couldn't get M sport suspension on an xDrive unless you opted for adaptive, so I think that forced a lot of people to adaptive.

With the base and M sport suspension being improved on the G20 vs. F30, and xDrive models being able to have M sport without requiring adaptive, I personally feel the value proposition of adaptive is a lot less on the G20. I always use the sport mode in adaptive, and didn't notice enough of a difference between adaptive M sport vs. M sport on the G20, so the $700 wasn't worth it to me.

I suppose if you can discern the difference between non-adaptive M sport and adaptive M sport, or truly want to be able to switch suspension between sport and comfort modes, adaptive may be right for you.
I also skipped the adaptive M suspension. All my drive settings are always sport+ in my M4 and I never once used comfort. So for me personally it was an easy choice not to specc it on my new car. But in hindsight I wonder if the adaptive M, is anymore sporty than the passive M suspension. I know it's more comfortable (in the correct settings) but is it more stiff compared to the passive.