View Single Post
      05-13-2019, 04:40 PM   #16
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc42884 View Post
Just offering my driving experience of little over a wk of driving so far, I think the adaptive mode drives like comfort in lower speed and feels firmer and more 'road feel' upon higher speed, but not as 'rough' feeling over the bumpy roads as in sport mode, just as the name adaptive suggests it should do perhaps. I'm not technical at all and its just based on my personal driving style. I have the M sport suspension with adaptive setup. And I spent time driving on adaptive mode more than sport mode.

Also, can someone point out if it's normal that I can change settings of the sport mode(though only either sport or comfort in 3 different areas and not really much to customize), but no customizable settings for adaptive mode?
The whole concept of the 'Adaptive mode' is simply what it says, it automatically 'adapts' itself to the driving situation and driving style. What you are finding is how it should work. Drive harder it will firm up the settings to Sport mode. Back off, will revert back Comfort mode. BMW's technical description state it works between modes and also uses the Satnav as a predictive function for bends, junctions, etc.

No experience of the G20 models, but have you tried different individual settings for Comfort and Sport modes, to see if this influences how Adaptive mode interprets them?
Appreciate 0