United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DML View Post
With the individual paint, 63K for a four banger, talk about brutal
This is obviously not as likely to happen in America where big engines are cheap (untaxed). However, in may other countries, engines are taxed based on displacement so for many in Europe, 2 liter engines are considered a healthy size. This doesn't take into consideration operating costs such as gasoline and energy taxes. Also, it's much harder to speed in other countries so there's even less point of buying a car with a big engine. So people will buy a 1.8 or 2.0 liter engine and then add-on a bunch of M Performance parts.

In America, it's simply cheaper to upgrade to the higher trim higher engine variants. That's why you don't really see many M Performance cars in America. There's no point when you can get an M340i for much less money than something like this 330i with individual paint and decked out in M Performance parts.

Finally, cars like this are purely for demonstration. They don't expect people to actually outfit a car like this. They figure someone might want the paint, or someone might like the carbon fiber diffuser. They don't expect someone to get all of them when you could buy an M3 for just a few thousand more.

I wonder why people like you always have to make comments like this.
Appreciate 0