03-13-2019, 09:55 AM   #17
///M-Furby
Master Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
Oh really? Porsche, Ferrari, and McLaren vehemently disagree.

And ventilated seats for a car seeing the track? Sheesh, you're the anti-thesis of the performance driving demographic.

Sounds like you'd be better served by the latest Gran Turismo.
Oh really? Let's see about that

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...ive-supercars/

Road and Track
Quote:
Some of the greatest supercars on earth use all-wheel drive for superior traction and outrageous acceleration. Here are some of our favorites.
I'll bold the brands you named
  • Merc AMG One
  • Bugatti EB110 and Veyron
  • Jaguar F-Type SVR (ok this is a stretch)
  • Lambo Huracan Performante (which the RWD is not even as desirable as the AWD) and Aventador SVJ
  • Porsche 918 Spyder - This one is also hybrid nad 911 Turbo S
  • Acura NSX
  • Ferrari GTC4Lusso
  • Nissan GT-R

Also McLaren are doing this research
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a1...-alternatives/
Quote:
While McLaren has been one of the holdouts so far, preferring the dynamic purity and lower mass of rear-wheel-drive systems, the company is now contemplating an all-wheel driven future. If it happens, though, it’s some considerable way off.

“We’re not there yet, but I’d say we’re getting close to the limit,” CEO Mike Flewitt told us at the Goodwood Festival of Speed—coincidentally while standing next to the McLaren 720S (photo above), which sends its peak 710 horsepower entirely through the rear axle. “We’re not planning [all wheel drive] right now, but we’re conscious it’s a direction that we may well want to go in.”

As for being comfortable, if you would prefer to drive a car that feels like this, then knock yourself out. I don't like sweating in my seat while on the race track. And unless you ripped out all seats, but the driver seat, from your M3, and replaced drivers seat with a race seat, and then ripped out every single other non-essential (radio, AC, monitor, carpets, headlights, side windows, etc) then don't talk to me about weight reduction.
"Boo" CPO 2006 330xi | Sold
Appreciate 5
GuyOh1067.00
Vervain397.50
Swappy531.50