03-13-2019, 11:34 AM   #39
///M-Furby
Master Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
Exactly! Part of the NA take rate for manuals on the M3 (25%) and M2 (50%) was directly coming from their competition not offering a manual transmission. So continue to take those customers and the ones that are wanting AWD and own a larger part of that segment. Also, the manual will offset the weight of the AWD, making it a good DAily Driver package.

The HP war and 0-60 times are ruining sports cars IMO. A 350HP car that is smaller and lighter is much more fun than a complex 500hp monster that needs additional systems, more width, and complex traction mechanisms to handle the unnecessary/unusable power.
I know manual is lighter (just a tiny bit) than auto, but how does that make it DD? Sitting in traffic and going from neutral to 1st to 2nd and back to neutral, over and over is not my idea of fun. Trying to see the other point of view on this

For me, 0.1 seconds from manual to auto is not an issue (I ain't that good anyhow), it's allowing me to focus on driving on the track where split second reaction (shifting) can mean the difference in losing control or staying the course. AWD = putting power down, because spin is a total waste of power
"Boo" CPO 2006 330xi | Sold
Appreciate 0