View Single Post
      03-15-2019, 05:08 AM   #80
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureModelsOnly View Post
Yea it's to get people to pay the most money for a non-M car. M Performance cars basically replaced the highest trim level for each model. Tack on some M badges, cerium grey trim, and pop and crackle exhausts and people will pay the premium. And it also lures them to getting real M cars next time. They're not 90% M cars. If you've ever driven one you would immediately tell the difference.

M cars are great and all. But they have all always been varying grades on the same scale. the M3 is going to be what maybe 8-9k more than a m340i. I'd guess 95% of m340i buyers could make it work if they had to get an m3.

I'm not saying M cars are bad, or M340i cars are bad. Or 330i is bad. Its just different versions of the same thing, so don't act like it makes you somehow better if you bought an actual m3. Unless you really care how much money one has to spend on transportation and whatever status you feel that gives

I mean an m3 costs what probably what a base x5 50i costs. So if you are on that train of thought, shouldn't anyone with a $70k car, like a x5 50i occupy the same status. Because lets get real here. Most people who get an M3 aren't going to be some amazing driver / track magician. I might get an M3 this time around. I can afford it. THat doesn't make me any better a driver than I am now, and ultimately for a lot of M drivers its a how much money can you spend on transportation pissing contest. So unless you really care about that or find it important, does it really matter if someone is an m340i o m3 owner.
Appreciate 1
JamieA92.50