Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Given the fact that you made the opposite choice, it would only be logical to suggest that your arguments against the Tesla are being made on the same psychological basis, as your attempt to confirm for yourself that your choice was correct.

The keyword in your list of future competitors to the Model 3 is "horizon". As in "at least two, most likely three or more years away". But people are buying, driving, and overwhelmingly enjoying Model 3s today.
It is difficult to distinguish a dispassionate examination of evidence from the human condition of bias and cognitive dissonance. All I can say is that I gave them my deposit money and I dismissed other alernatives for about a year. But, as I learned more after the first year of waiting, and started to see results, both online and in-person, demonstrating that I was committed enough to spend much time evaluating (I even had picked colors and wheel treatments), I found the reality of Model 3 below my expectations and went through the process of getting a refund. I guess others can assess my motivations through that process as they wish.

I took a 3 year BMW lease to replace the anticipated Model 3. I'm out until January 2021. Others may have a variety of commitments and time horizons of their own for them to best determine. The Ford and Polestar models are much closer to launch. The point remains, choices are coming, from much more experienced and competent producers, and some may find that worth waiting for. If you're already in with Tesla, and having a good experience, which their forum shows is far from uniform, more power to you!
Could not agree more about more choices on the horizon, especially from BMW.
Appreciate 0