Thread: USPS rant
View Single Post
      05-21-2020, 12:42 PM   #67
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

OK everyone, here we go...

I was in very, very, VERY short supply of TP. I made multiple trips to all of the stores around me, and found nothing. I reached out to my out of state parents who offered to ship a pack to me.

I live in an apartment complex. We all use the main building address for packages to keep them away from porch pirates. The main office is always staffed during USPS hours by multiple people. What SHOULD happen is carrier delivers the package to the front office, they store it, and contact the resident who can pick it up at the main office.

On Tuesday (day 5 from ship date) my parents get a notification saying the package will be returned to sender due to an invalid forwarding address. Hi USPS, I DO NOT HAVE A FORWARDING ADDRESS!! My stepmom went down to the local post office, the package is now MIA and she will be making a claim to get her money back.

I hate to even have to suggest this, but given some past experiences with USPS employees opening my mail and keeping the contents for themselves, I suspect that an employee realized what the package was and took it home. I hope I'm wrong (I don't think I am).

Last edited by Chihuahua; 05-21-2020 at 06:27 PM..
Appreciate 1
Dpc2u11503.00