10-27-2018, 12:21 PM   #12
Richy Rich
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 | MKIV Supra | Aventador S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage Inc View Post
Not only has BMW jacked up the M brand, but even the normal cars. I picked up a 14 320i for a DD. What a pile of garbage. The steering is a joke, the cheap plastics are so friggin cheap they creak and crack over bumps, the engine sounds like crap. You can tell they used cheap on all parts - window glass is so thin you can feel it creak as it rolls up, A/C doesnt work when its cold, dash creaks like crazy. A 3 series used to have some pride in it, now its honestly a rental car grade vehicle. Matter of fact, I much preferred a 300S rental I had last week over my 320i. Better steering feel, better suspension, and overall better quality. BMW is resting on their laurels of previous platform success. My 01 330i is a better car in every way than this 320i pile of junk, its not worthy of a BMW badge. Well, nowadays it is, but not in the previous days.

Back on the GTS thread: you cannot compare a 4 series to a 911 platform. Let alone the engines, the N/A 6 is in a different league in terms of visceral driving experience. If BMW would have put an N/A into the GTS that would have gotten a little interest from me.

Glad to see guys able to pick up the GTS at these sub 100k prices. Likely good value, as these cars shouldn't depreciate too mjch lower from here.
Rather kill myself than daily drive a 320, that was poor choices.
Appreciate 1
minn1914070.50