The_Tok'Ra
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 325ti Compact Sport, G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
[/FONT][/SIZE]

Well there's certainly that aspect to be concerned about, I would be too, although the grief I'd get from my local dealer who both me and my wife have been with for over 25 years would be an even greater embarrassment!
I had a discussion with one of their senior techs a few years ago about coding and following that decided 'best not' as knowing my luck I'd probably end up knacking something and having to get them to sort it all out whilst standing there wearing a red face and donkey's lugs!
From what I've read, an app like Bimmercode, even in expert mode is a realatively simple way of coding things to the car, but you have to be really carefull that you change the correct parameters and with correct values, because if you are not paying proper attention, things could go belly up very quickly.

For me, the warranty issue is more of a concern, seems to depend on the dealer whether they bother their ass, but changing paremeters in Bimmercode will mean that when the dealer reads the car, it will flag anything that is not 100% what they (or rather ISTA) expects it to be.
Appreciate 1
bmnut815.00