View Single Post
      09-26-2019, 08:57 PM   #4
WXdrivefun
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330Xdrive

So After the Safety Recall firmware update, I didn't really notice too much difference in the driving, maybe slight subdued or the placebo effect.

Second Recall was checking of the Battery dual storage system.

However, upon programing the DME unit, the idrive software was also updated:

My Old software version was somewhere in 03/2019.

Here are differences that I noticed immediately when upgrading to 7/2019.53:

-Welcoming lights stop working: when car is unlocked as you approach the vehicle the headlights, door lights and floor light illuminated. The new version is now it is coded out.

-Seat belts no longer hug

-With key FOB in pocket, When locked even when you approach the vehicle the Headlight LEDs illuminated, no more now.

-The Map in the Center control panel has a larger realestate and as you increase speed, it zooms out. As the vehicle slow down it zooms in. Different areas are different in colour to identify public parks/parkettes.

-Colourful Apps icon

-The colour of your vehicle is now represented in the parking, 3D parking, 360 degree view and in the safety menu halo.

-The 3D view of the vehicles and people in the safety halo menu are zoomed out more.

-Needed to test remote app again for climate control. Didn't seem to start

-Driver experience pop-up menu is no longer animated: your car used to drive into the screen when you press and switch between comfort, sport, eco. Now it is passive photo with just the passive vehicle with different colour background for sport/comfort/eco.

-The animation and colour for the mic when the car is waiting for you to speak after saying 'Hello BMW' or after you pres the 'microphone' button has changed.
Appreciate 0