View Single Post
      01-06-2020, 11:13 AM   #62
Razor2010
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M-Sport - M-LSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6bullet View Post
Wait, so whats the most effective way to figure out what engine we have??

Cant believe they would put the weaker engine in US cars. Those are the one that will most probably get modded anyway.
I don’t think they are weaker (USA spec 330i and non-USA spec 330i). The HP and TQ are the same, I think they just tweak certain parameters within the mapping to produce whatever emissions and mpg numbers need to be shown. I read something about this online but I can’t find it, if I do will forward link.

What I am concerned with is BMW thought it necessary to upgrade certain components: crank, pistons and bearings (see my post further up) for the B48 when it was put in certain car models for BMW and Mini that sold at 300+ HP stock. BMW could just have easily turned up the boost along with other mapping parameter tweaks to get to this 300+ HP but they spent extra money to install uprated internals obviously because they were worried about engine reliability at this 300+ HP. We all know they would have preferred to save money and just do the map change. So, my question and concern is, just how much further wear and tear are people doing by pushing the standard 330i B motor to 300+ HP, is it a little as would be expected, or is it quite severe, hence why BMW uprated the 300+ HP B4 engines from factory.
Appreciate 1
A6bullet337.00