View Single Post
      05-28-2008, 11:02 AM   #73
mrwma237
Polytech Trooper
Rep
Drives: 2018 F36 440i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
LOL that was def a foul. And a bigger LOL at Kobe being asked.
No shooting foul, good call. The foul committed was before the shot, so even if the whistle was blown, it would've been on the ground, however granting 2 free throws. The ref's not going to make that call with 2.1 left. They're not likely to make any call down the stretch anyway. They're not likely to decide the games like that.

IMO, I think Barry should've jumped into Fisher, and besides Barry didn't sell the foul at all. He could've flopped more, or he could've verbally complained during the shot. He took one extra step to avoid contact and had a clean release.

Don't try to stir up a controversy bc of this shot. Spurs fan should admit this loss. Lakers led the game all the way. Everytime Spurs tied, Lakers just re-buffed the lead again and again. What was it, 11 to 2 offensive rebounds in favor of LA, and 20+ 2nd chance points? With 26 foul shots opportunities vs 19, comon, Spurs had the chance. Spurs loss. If Spurs lose this series, and its fans call this series unfair, then I'd say that's just an act of a typical sore loser.

In addition..., "Television replays indicate that Fisher's shot with 6.9 seconds to go grazed the rim before bouncing out of bounds off of Robert Horry's leg, meaning that the Lakers should have had a new shot clock instead of asking Kobe Bryant to hurry a fadeaway jumper after the ensuing timeout. A new shot clock would have forced San Antonio to foul Bryant as opposed to getting the ball back off Bryant's miss to draw up a potential game-winning play."