Chrono9084
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340ix

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
The wiring set up is for charging the battery. The battery then powers the dashcams.

Yes, I used a 20 amp fuse for the Cellink connection. You can also use a 15 amp fuse if you prefer. Just make sure you keep the original 20 amp inline with the 12v accessory circuit. The Cellink draws a reasonable amount of power and needs a fairly beefy fuse to charge the battery and 5 amp would have been too low.

I’m not sure what dashcam you are using. I’m a little surprised it uses such low amperage for the two cameras. You should check that the electrical output from the battery is compatible with your dashcams. I’m sorry, I can’t remember what the output numbers are for the battery, but you should be able to find these figures on the battery or in the literature.

Hope you manage to get your dashcams up and running.
The camera I had previously was a Viofo 129 Duo and the kit came with that. I am currently installing a Thinkware U1000.

I put in a 20amp fuse earlier and that did the trick. It is now charging as expected. Now I just have to install the cameras and radar and I am done. Thanks for the response!
Appreciate 0