View Single Post
      07-22-2019, 01:53 PM   #2
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Adding to the thread with my own G20 330i loaner experience. The vehicle has no navigation; only comfort package.

My current vehicle is 2017 BMW 440i GC.

Engine

There isn't a substitute for extra cylinders. 6 cylinder engines remain my strong preference: N55 in the past and now B58. I found the engine exactly as expected: acceptable for a loaner.

Transmission

While decelerating, the transmission shifted to lower gears with a pronounced kick. Could be smoother.

Suspension

I found G20 (non adaptive) suspension to be noticeably better than F30 base suspension. Road imperfections are absorbed with greater confidence.

Steering

Very similar to my current vehicle.

"The unusual"

While exiting a particularly twisty ramp, DTC/DSC suddenly activated and the car became less stable as DTC/DSC began to apply brakes. The ramp was entirely dry (this is soCal). I found this behavior to be unwanted at best and turned off DTC/DSC.

For some reason, pronounced yet unexpected oversteer appeared when taking an increasingly tighter turn. I did not mind a sharper entry into the tight turn. Yet the unexpected part was unsettling.

Interior

The driver cockpit experience is logical and functional. It took some time to get used to the new location of engine Start / Stop button. The sound insulation has been improved.

Summary

Collection of incremental improvements does not warrant a convincing buy decision.
Appreciate 0