View Single Post
      03-18-2019, 11:27 AM   #13
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by neliconcept View Post
I'd take a Megane RS trophy (4 door) any day if we could get them in the US.
What I also think is better with the Renault RS cars, or Ford RS cars, is when you get a Renault RS (either a Clio RS or Megane RS) or Ford (Focus) RS, you get the best that brand has to offer.
There is absolutely no watering down of that performance line like there is with for instance BMW or Mercedes. So you will never find a stock Megane or Focus with an RS bumper kit or a watered down engine like with BMW M or Mercedes AMG, where everything now can be had with an M performance bumper kit or exhaust, not at all related to the M cars (or AMG's) where it used to be used for. (Audi does more or less the same as everything now is 'S line')
Not that the m135i is a bad car, but once the watering down starts, where does it end?
I'll tell you:
with BMW you can actually get a 216i or 214d grand tourer Msport.
Yes thats right, a front wheel drive MPV with a whopping ~100hp (this is no typo ) with factory fitted M badges on the side of the bumpers.
If ///M still stands for ///Motorsport this is as watered down as you can get, and that from a brand that claims to have sportivity and performance in its dna. It's badgetuning in its ultimate form....

So everything with RS in renault or ford is way way more exclusive and performance orientated than that now ///M has become.
With Renault/Ford, if it says RS, its the real deal (unless of course the owner started its own badgetuning)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Agreed. Even the new Pug 208 looks good.
Sure Peugeot also knows how to make a hot hatch . Next to VW GTI they made the historically most succesful hot hatch (205 GTI)
And Renault probably made the weirdest one (clio v6)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 03-18-2019 at 11:38 AM..
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4462.00