03-26-2024, 05:19 PM   #11
a.summers86
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnut View Post
Absolutely yes!
HBA works the beam pattern and separation on her LED equipped car in the same way as it does on my laser lights, and yes the lasers are brighter and further reaching but not massively so.
Her inner headlights (but bear in mind it's a 2 series coupe so the light units are different) do not function as headlights at all, neither dipped or main beams they only host the daytime running light function.
On my 4 series the inners are dipped headlights as well as the outers and it's only the outers that have the laser light modules if I can remember that correctly. (If I've got that wrong I'm sure someone on here will put me right!)
My lights have the steering tracking function on as well and also the cornering lights I think they are called for when you perform low speed turning movements.
The inner and outer lights on the lasers have low and high beam functions and like you say the outer lower section of the headlight houses the laser element.

The laser light will only activate when all four high beams are on though, ie no other traffics around, and not when the headlights are doing the anti dazzle features.

In all fairness the newer matrix system is better at the anti dazzle side of things as the LEDs within the light work like pixels turning on and off where as the lasers are physical movements of all four of the headlight modules.

Lasers do sound better though in the pub.
Appreciate 1
bmnut818.00