Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaede View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Has anyone thought about the possibility of this noise coming from the transmission?
Yes, I have.. Also due to the sound recording I did where it, to me, sounds like the noise is there in idle too. I'm not much into automatic transmissions, so I'm not sure if anythings is rotating/moving in idle inside the transmission?

However, it seems like the dealer doesn't really believe its related
I get that.

If you do hear the noise, however faint, in idle is the transmission in drive or neutral?

How about driving with the windows down in a quiet road or parking lot?

To me noises that seem to develop at specific speeds and seem constant in nature, I always suspect either the transmission or rear differential. I believe your service departments are simply throwing out darts in the dark to see what sticks and what doesn't. Changing tires and bearings to your heart's content is not goin g to solve the problem as evidenced by this discussion.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0