Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CachacoF80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostriderf80 View Post
Well I am so glad because I was thinking RS6.

Just as I imagined it. It looks slanted, w a nice texture to the grill. Renders were pretty far off. Glad it looks this way. Seriously looks great. Very pleased w how it came out. M3's tend to look way better so I cannot wait.

I LOVE BMW and the NEW GRILL... MAKES THE F80/82 look old and geriatric. :happy anim:
The render wasn't that far off dude.
I found the render to be much better looking!

The rest of the car is interesting but the grille is tacky and over the top. I sincerely hope the production car has a smaller and more angled grille. And the stuff inside the grille...ugh just hideous. Tacky is an understatement.
It will not be a smaller grill. You guys have been in denial for months despite spy shots telling you this was coming, and now that it's here you're still having a problem shrugging off that denial. You're going to be in for a long model cycle.
I don't think it's denial, nobody was expecting the grille to be the same size as today's. I think people expected a design pattern that blends well with the car and the enlarged grille trend. So when some see this concept 4 pictures, they don't feel they got the job done. At least I feel that way, that they did a bad overall design job.
They should've been. After all, spy pic after spy pic showed how large the grills were relative to the rest of the bumper/surrounding area. People just chose not to believe it. The front end turned out to be more or less what I was expecting. I've always liked the side profile silhouette, so I have no issues with that. I still feel indifferent about the rear, but it'll grow on me I'm sure.
This would have been good design
Attached Images

Appreciate 1