View Single Post
      07-26-2020, 06:53 PM   #34
GaoKS
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 Raptor

I may get flamed for this but I will post anyways.

I recently picked up an M340i as well and will chime in here specifically around the groaning when turning and the brake noise.

1. Groaning when turning - can you confirm this is when your foot is on the brake and the vehicle is in gear- reverse or drive (doesn't matter) ? If so, the noise you are hearing are the brake pads "chattering" or moving on the rotor as the suspension and brake assemblies are being flexed from your steering input. I can hear it on my brand new accord, my m340i and many much much more expensive vehicles and cheaper vehicles. Not all do it and some are much quieter, but I've certainly heard it and there are many things that contribute to it.

2. Brake noise - I too have this on my m340i had it as well on my F82 M4. As someone mentioned previously.. the M340i does not have CCB's. It does however, have a more aggressive pad which can be quite noisy, especially when glazed due to lack of aggressive braking or even when the pad/rotors are cold.

The dealership is going to do 1-2 things if there is a not a mechanical component failure. 1 - burnish the brakes. I.e. someone is going to take your car to highway speed and slam on the brakes. You can have them do it or do it yourself. 2. They are going to apply a lubricant to quiet the noise, which after wearing off, will bring the noise right back. I've personally had good luck burnishing the brakes myself on my vehicles during spirited drives. But also, have lived with the fact that a higher performing brake pad and or rotor combo will produce more noise. And don't get me started on the dust.

Good luck with your local service center.. they certainly don't seem very interested in helping and that's a sh!t experience.

Cheers.

BMW Past Rides: 2023 G80 Comp, 2023 G80 xDrive, 2021 M3 Comp, 2020 M340i, 2019 540i, 2016 M4, 2016 535i, 2008 545i
Appreciate 1