View Single Post
      10-20-2020, 02:55 PM   #4
ixxo
Enlisted Member
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

I've been experiencing similar symptoms since day one. In let's say first 5 minutes after radio is on there are regularly some cut-offs or better say crackles like the power input/amp has some troubles. I'd describe it as crackles on old LPs or something similar where first volume goes up and right after it there is a drop in volume with a kind of old-fashioned crackle. It also rarely happens but still enough frequently to be annoying while driving after this "first 5 mins" time period. It's for sure not related to a sound source as the issue is present both on radio or when playing music from internal storage. During 5 months of ownership two or three times subs were completely dead and I had to wait 30-40 minutes with locked car untill it got fixed (car went to sleep mode and only this fixed the issue so that the subs operated then as normal). This happened immediately after I had turned the radio on so without any (heavy) load or possible overheating. I spoke with a friend of mine at dealership who sold me the car and they will most likely change the amp under warranty.

Last edited by ixxo; 10-20-2020 at 03:01 PM..
Appreciate 0