View Single Post
      01-23-2023, 10:41 AM   #36
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

FYI for everyone commenting on stock 235/255 F/R Tire size - you can go square for your winter setup, and its generally preferable for even wear and tire rotation.

My winter setup is 225 all around:

19x8 ASA GT16 BLK MACH
433MHz Tire Pressure Sensor
225/40R-19 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-32 XL

Going square is also much cheaper for wheels, and you'll find a lot more options in the 8" variety than you will in the others with many manufacturers. The ability to freely rotate wheels can easily you an extra season out of them too since you can go front to back, and you can't do that with the factory stagger.

I put 15mm spacers on the rear so the wheels have basically the same stance as stock for all intents and purposes - the 10mm less in front is really not noticeable with the offset the way it is.

The 19's are plenty comfortable with the LM-32 Blizzaks, and hard cornering you can definitely feel a little bit of extra "squish" in the sidewall compared to the summer performance tires. In the end are winter tires, and it is winter. . . I'm not trying to be sideways allllll the time and they provide a good, comfy balance. I've driven many dedicated winter performance tires, you really can't go wrong with any of the brands people have mentioned. The Michelin X Ice Platform is great too.

I ordered through Tire Rack and their sales team is great - you can use the online configurator and it will automatically plot known fits for the car/build. Alternatively, you can call in and their sales team is top notch - they can also float some other less common fits.

Side note - the M340 system settings have a number of "approved wheel/tire sizes," and the size I have noted actually isn't in there. . . You can go and enter "manual" tire sizes, however its a bit limited on the options and I'm wondering if anyone else has any experience "programming" the tire sizes? I've been assured that the size/ratio fits for the platform, and I do genuinely trust the customer service team from Tire Rack - the sizes noted in the system really don't account for unstaggered 19" wheels at all, which is silly - they just list staggered 19s or square 18s.

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0