10-17-2020, 10:45 PM   #73
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merami fan View Post
I did get the left side clip out, but could not get the right side to budge. I looked at the new grill to see the clips in detail, but I couldn't push hard enough on the clip to get it out. Maybe if I had the right kind of trim removal tool.

I got a call and had to put it back together, so it's on hold for now... I have a service appointment on the 20th (for iDrive "issues" AKA install 07/2020 please thanks), so I'll see what they quote me to swap the grill. Thanks for the info. I'm prepared for a BS quote and re-attempting the job myself.
If you got the clip on the left out, move to the clips on the top. Once you get those out, the bottom ones just pop off without you having to do anything. I was left with the clip on the right still in place and the rest of the grill dangling. A little wiggling and some pushing and I managed to get that one out too.
The clips on top need some extra force to separate far enough for it to stay unclipped. Else they just clip back into place.
I believe someone mentioned somewhere that the dealer charged them $50 to swap the grills out? $50 isn't too bad. Any more and I'd probably try a DIY again.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 1