08-05-2022, 12:18 AM   #6
NoClosedDoors
Metal Mover
Rep
Drives: Demo Car

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomcatRyan View Post
It depends how far you want to go to get a deal. Maybe the dealer 5 miles away from you is selling everything at MSRP or above but every BMW dealer in the country is not selling everything at MSRP.

For example if your in the DFW area, try Tyler. And start with the sales manager or the general manager. I didn't have much luck at Tyler BMW but Tyler Mercedes was calling me everyday and I could tell their sales were not exactly booming for German cars in East Texas.

If you really want to go far out the dealers in the New York city area are the most agressive on price. They are competing with 50 or 60 dealers in the metro area compared to 4 here in DFW. They also seem to have much larger allocations then dealers in the middle in the country. If you are building a car from the factory you can order the car from one dealer and have it delivered to another. I found this out years ago when I was in the middle of relocating. There is an additional charge from the dealer the car is being delivered too but that fee is set by BMW. The selling dealer usually confirms the receiving dealer is willing to do the delivery. I think most are since they are paid by BMW.

That might also get your local dealer to bend a little on the price if they know you are shopping out of town.
DFW market is wrecked still. Some stores may deal on X5 (a shit ton got dumped on Texas dealers recently so that’s the flavor of the month) but don’t expect a deal on a sedan (especially a LCI 3er) until allocation throughout normalizes past the MY changeover.

Courtesy delivery is exceedingly rare and a lot of dealers won’t agree to it in today’s market. Maybe that softens down the road (and maybe we get docusign across the board too) but for now that’s the exception and not the rule.
Appreciate 0