View Single Post
      01-23-2022, 11:26 PM   #4
Kheer
BMW Baby
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i GC, 2021 Sonata

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
Had a GC in the past (435) and loved the utility and uniqueness of it - have seen a few GCs on the road already and I'm a fan

That said I am also very much enamored with my M340 (after owning more BMWs than I care to admit - the m340 is special)

I know I'm not helping lol

Question: is used a consideration? If yes perhaps a used m340 that despite the current market has already absorbed a bit of depreciation would make the most financial sense
In a sense it does help. If I may ask, what makes the m340i more special compared to the other BMWs you have driven? Would love to hear your thoughts on it.

I wouldn’t consider buying used, purely because a lot of BMW owners are known for their lack of care/maintenance on their cars (it may be a stereotype but it seems to hold weight). There’s also times where the owners can be dishonest about what they’ve done with maintenance. A good example is people who tend to not even warm up the car and floor it immediately off their driveway, not giving a chance for the engine to warm up or the oil to bypass (or so I’ve heard). I also was gonna get it brand new because I’m going to keep the car long term, not worried much about the resale value since I wouldn’t plan on selling it for a long time.
Appreciate 0