United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
I've had the CSR Elite, which was basically a V1, then went to V1, now V2.5 and honestly, the feedback quality has improved, 10 fold.. I can race far more consistantly for 1-2 hour races, as well, the feedback is incredible once it's dialed in, you really feel feel the difference in performance.

If I were to cut costs anywhere, I'd say hold off on the shifter, and get a set of v2.5 pedals or even used, they really don't go bad, just the load sensors.. But don't skimp out on the wheel base, it's everything, second to a monitor setup or VR.. Just my $.02 And if you were wanting Direct Drive, you should look at SimExperience, great company to deal with. I have their SimVibe setup and it works flawlessly.

Like you, I'm a track junkie. Full track build happening on my 2er this winter (KW clubsport 3 ways, F&R sways/adk links, full bushing replacement, 18x9sq., Megan Racing 4 link rear end, all that jazz)

Problem with those "games" is that they don't regulate points or have effective safety ratings to keep you in similar skill levels as your competitors, like how it's done in iRacing, so it gets very frustrating when you can't finish a race due to "those guys" who like to just try and win every race, thus making it hard to be keen to get back on and try again. If you were to get into Sim Racing, for the "simulation" factor, iRacing, AC (pc), Race Room and rFactor2 are the only REAL sims out there, in my opinion..

iRacing has license classes, real sanctioned Mazda Cup (rookie class and advanced), NASCAR, IMSA, Porsche Cup, TDI Jetta Cup, Blancpain Sprint/Endurance series, and of course, Formula 1 in the MP4-30. And the track detail is best in class, bumps/cracks etc.. I know it's an expensive route, but it has the best physics engine of any sim software, and is the only way to get into higher levels of competition racing, online. You'll find some real world race drivers in there quite often, which is pretty neat. And they lap FAST, wow.. I'm only "B" licensed and I've been chipping away at things on a very part time basis for 3+ years. It's difficult to become an "A" licensed driver, but I will soon be there and will be able to compete in the pro races, with really good (clean) racers who respect each other. Racing incidents will happen, still
Yea AC definitely isn't that great if you like competitive racing. I mainly hot lap street cars and practice car control (aka drifting) and the physics in AC are just better than anything else out there IMO. I suppose RFactor is up there too, but the graphics engine is just too old for me to enjoy spending time in it. AC has so many cars and enough tracks stay busy anyways. I want to love iRacing because of the wealth of laser scanned tracks, but I think the FFB is terrible and the tire model falls apart once the rear end of cars start to break loose. It's frustrating to no end when I spin a dozen times in a Miata, but can comfortably take cars sideways in real life no problem. AC drives exactly how I expect them to and it's just so natural to transition from real life and the game.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 0