View Single Post
      07-31-2019, 01:10 AM   #76
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

No surprise here, somebody forgot to teach BMW the KISS principle. Too many models and trims. M for their SUVs (excuse me, SAVs)?! Just ridiculous, besides being waaaaaay too diluted to the pt 'M' is now meaningless.

8 series looked alright but I don't like big cars and ironically, the backseats are worse than a 1 series! This is like a boat. Crazy.

I'm pretty unbiased and wanted the first gen Z4 but settled for the 2nd due to timing. BMW has no idea what it wants to do w the Z series by itself, so not shocked they have no idea what to do w their entire line. The 3rd gen is just uninspired, they wasted all this time/$ and esp partnering w Toyota to come up w something that looks more like a Merc w similar performance figures to the outgoing model? Why even bother?

Don't even get me started on their confusing model nomenclature and wonky overzealous designs, might as well put freaking laser beams on the cars since they want them to look more 'aggressive' w the crazy million wedges, air intakes, etc, like a M model that OD'd on steroids.
Appreciate 0