View Single Post
      08-22-2019, 02:17 AM   #6
BMWm340ixC1X
Private
Rep
Drives: 08BMW335xia22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiner0123 View Post
I have no clue if your being sarcastic... If your not well I don't agree with that mindset.. that's terrible that your knowingly treating the car like garbage and bagging on it with the mindset that it won't be yours in 3 years... Sure leave it for the guy that buys it used and has to deal with all the problems that you caused from bad driving habits.. it's totally selfish and uncalled for... never seen anyone admit it before
I used to want/buy used bmws (granted being m3s or 335) because I knew the ppl buying them had the respect albeit a lease or own to care for them regardless. In return the cars kept their value because of it. My friend took care of his m3 so well that the dealership paid him a nice amount when the lease was up. Though I know it's not uncommon for that to happen now,back then it ingrained in me the thought that bmws are not just a reflection of the brand but a reflection of the person who bought it. There was a respect in our circle behind him and his M3. "Yeah I took care of my car" was always followed by " yes but did you take care it the same way Dave took care of his ?" There would always be a pause because the next response deserved the respect of the correct answer. Why would you not take care of something making it a burden to the next . That would only be an embarrassment to the previous owner and that rep would follow him. I guess I took it for granted that if you could afford a bmw (or any luxury car for that matter) you would/could afford the upkeep. It's unfortunate that this mentality and pure selfishness has seeped into the ranks of owners , who I once thought to be highly respectful to the next. I do agree that he has every given right to do as he pleases with the three years even if I do find it a shame. I wanted my next car to be an M but was waiting for some of the technology (creature comforts to catch up). Then the M340 came along and I thought it was best of both worlds yes I know I sacrificed some track performance for technology but hey M family with 4 doors drive assist park assist etc wrapped up in a respectable 0-60 and ok handling. Awesome jack of all trades but a master of none (story of my life as well lol) What I have experienced is a laughable hating from the M family about how it's not , along with hilarious ramblings 3ers saying they're over priced wannabes and they'll wait for the M3 which they'll never get. Im perfectly happy with my purchase I really don't care what ppl think nor do I need anyone to validate my decision. It's my money lol This experience along with this openness of "a disregard for anyone but himself" has Ingrained in me something new ,

Everyone has talked about the watering down of brands (M,AMG,R) all being shadows of their former selves Though I believe that to be up in the air I have come to realize only one thing .... the same can now be said of its owners
Appreciate 4