Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Garage List
2021 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
this is awesome would you be open to meeting in Huntington Beach/Westminster (basically 405 and Westminster Blvd) for a dyno comparison between your car and a flashed car? with the new HPFP I'm wondering how the cars will perform with the piggyback. We can grab numbers, performance variables etc...I think that would be great to share with the forum - we can even broadcast live.

Anyhoo are you open to putting your car on a dyno and hanging out for an hour or so while we do the same with a flashed car?
I'd be open, but an interesting series of events over the last few days. I'm running map 2 btw on the JB4 with firmware v13. Last Friday at about 1100 total miles my check engine light came on. No noticeable difference in driving performance though, but when it didn't go away on its own I stopped by BMW and dropped it off for a look. I've taken my previous cars to the same dealership and SA with various mods and they never care or give me grief. I do disable the JB4 before dropping off, but I don't go through the headache of removal or any of that.

They call me after having it for a day (they were busy) and told me that the engine code was related to over boosting and A/F ratio variance. They say it's related to the 'flash' and that I need to actually remove it from the car and bring it back in for them to see if anything really happened. I'm calling BS on most of it, given that they wern't even able to correctly identify the JB4 in the first place, but I have no tool or way of checking G series fault codes (or clearing them) myself currently. The JB4 doesn't officially support this chasis yet. Anyways, kind of unsure what to do at this point given they noted it on my paperwork

For now it is disabled.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0