tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Cold Heart View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
Try telling them that BMW Genius told you there was a new software version that fixes the problem and to go and have a bloody look on their system. I had to escalate and kick up a bit of a stink to get mine done 11/2019.34

Or try another dealer...?
Tricky6, Thank you. I have now booked the car into a Bedford dealership. The guys in Northampton really can't be bothered.
I had similar with Cooper in Reading. They were the supplying dealer through my lease company (rather than my local in Hungerford) but couldn't have been less helpful when I took it back with the Brake Fluid error only 2 weeks after delivery. Quoted me a 3 week wait and needed the car the whole day.

My Hungerford dealer are more helpful but no better clued up on bugs, software versions, release notes etc.

It's a pretty poor reflection on BMW UK really. I know their cars are getting increasingly complex and if there's a software bug a dealer isn't going to fix it but even if they had a friendly "helper" on this site they'd get loads of feedback to identify problems from us (mostly) keen owners. Seems like a no brainer to me...

Good luck with your new dealer!
Appreciate 0