View Single Post
      12-30-2019, 03:53 PM   #47
klokan
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i, Portimao Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Update: I thought I was having wind noise until I heard it at a stop!! It's the vent system somehow whistling at my drivers window. Turn up the vent, wind noise gets louder, turn it off, goes away. Speed affects it a little I presume due to air flow into vent system.

Can anyone else replicate this?
I can.

If you look closely at the spot where window glass meets the door, above the locking pin, you'll see that you're able to squeeze something (like a 1mm thick rubber, or plastic, or whatever you want) into two "lines" between door panel and window. One line is closer to the door, other is closer to the glass.

When I push something into the second one, closer to the glass, above the locking pin (you can experiment a little, my "spot" is few cm on the right, not exactly above), whistle dissapears.

My car is awesome, but three things are really driving me crazy. This sound from the drivers door, rattle from the opposite door, and boot rattle. I feel like going to the dealership, leaving car there and tell them not to call me until it's solved. But what I will drive then? No loaners here.
Appreciate 1
Transfer5254.00