View Single Post
      01-03-2020, 04:59 PM   #61
Calamari
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G21 330d, 2008 E87 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by klokan View Post
I went to the dealership today, we got a little further about driver's door whistle.

They say it could be issue of cabin pressure equalization and they need to see if anyone else had the same problem and what is the solution. Whistle goes away when window is open even 1 mm, but what I didn't figure out until today is that any window can be opened for 1 mm and whistle in the driver's door will be gone. That relates to their cabin pressue theory. So, when I parked the car in my garage, with no wind, I turned on the vents and of course there was a whistle, and then I opened the boot door with my remote and whistle promptly dissapeared.

If anyone has more info, it would be appreciated. When I have more, I'll let you know.
This sounds like the air outtake vents located in the boot are not working properly. In other words, they are not allowing the air to flow out of the car as it normally should. These vents are usually located on the left and right rear corner of the boot, down behind the carpets.

Last edited by Calamari; 01-13-2020 at 05:06 AM..
Appreciate 0