01-21-2020, 10:23 AM   #25
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinewhite3 View Post
Interesting- what did you like about the A4? I rented a B9 A4(non sport) from silver car Audi and drove it from Denver to Aspen. It was a very comfortable highway cruiser but that was about it. Steering was way too light and numb (even by EPS standards) and the car didn’t feel particularly agile-way too much roll in the corners when pushed hard. It felt pretty quick though and the seats were comfortable. 330i feels much more nimble and confidence inspiring when I push it and just has much better overall feel/
My A4 was tuned, had a CAI, was lowered and had a strut bar, transmission insert swap etc. Stock for stock, I’d say both cars have their own positives and negatives and I agree with your insight. But slightly modded like mine, it was a much better car than stock. Handled way better, was faster than stock (and my 330i) and was also smooth too. I think the engine in the A4 is smoother and quieter than the one in the 330i. It was also more spacious, had a much much better sound system and looked better (that’s just my opinion though). I’m looking at both cars as a whole. Not just from a fun to drive perspective.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0