View Single Post
      10-06-2020, 05:21 AM   #22
Baron G15
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G15 8 Series, Audi Q8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_cobra View Post
As the title says, will an OTA software update erase any coding? I'm considering having comfort+, sport+, lane change assistance etc coded to my G21. Nervous about spending money for it then to be lost when the next OTA is pushed out seeing as I'm still running 11.2019. I asked Zed the coder i plan to use and he said it was unlikely. Not sure i trust that reply. What's people's experience on here?
Firstly, I’ve used Zed for coding...really good guy. Very straight up and honest. To answer you’re question on mine, some of the coding was lost and some remained.

I lost the DRL menu options (on/off and front/back). I also lost Comfort PLUS (the PLUS is coded in the UK it’s not there by default) and I lost tire pressure temp display.....all of these (except comfort plus) I easily put back withBimmercode.

What was not lost...the Assisted driving view in the instrument cluster....the one that shows you the vehicle (truck, car, bike) in front of you...Also the assisted overtaking remained (the one where you flick the indicator and the car overtakes the vehicle in front). The assisted driving view in the instrument display was originally not present on my vehicles so Zed coded it.

I’ve got an 840D Launch edition. Hope this helps
J
Appreciate 0