View Single Post
      03-23-2024, 11:12 AM   #26
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT2 View Post
I was waiting to hear your take. That’s two now that have owned both with similar warnings.

I really want to love this idea. Don’t know why. Because I’m addicited to turning over cars, probably.

I drove a 2024 M440 Coupe and it didn’t have the sensation I was looking for. But I loved driving the 330i. I think it’s the different driving dynamic of the 3 vs the 4. What else would cause the difference in sensation? It has occurred to me that old saying that it’s “fun to drive a slow car fast” (not that the 330 is a slow car, it’s all relative here). Maybe I need another drive it the 440 and push it harder. I think it’s still there.

I just need to find one of these to drive. I’ll know pretty quick.
I read a comment that 330i is "a truly dynamic, punchy, and agile car" just a few months after buying my 330i 3 years ago, and that comment still holds true to this date after driving mine for 3 years and 30k+ miles.

Comparing to the M550i's V8 low-end grunt, the M340i may feel a bit off at low rpm, but it provides better mpg and has less weight compared to the V8.

I do feel that the biggest differences between the 2 would be the trim quality and handling of 3-series vs. 5-series.

post#12 of https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1836825
Appreciate 1
NGT25700.00