NGT2
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_seather View Post
The S5 is a quite of an old model at this point, which brings some advantages to the table, as well as some disadvantages.

It was developed a few years back when things weren't as plastic-y, so it's sturdier than newer cars, but it felt outdated visually even back then. Now, compared to iDrive 8, it looks like a dinosaur. Of course, some might prefer the older analog controls but here I'm talking solely about the visual aspect.

Later this year, Audi should release a new A5 and hopefully at the beginning of next year - an S5. It will look a lot more modern on the inside but I think that there will be a trade-off - they will dive a bit into the plastic route. The new Q6 etron is probably the best way to judge Audi's new interiors and they don't seem to look especially good quality-wise, at least on camera.
Yeah my friend said the new one is coming and won’t be anything like the current one.

All the good cars are dying. I’m not very excited about the automobile era I’ll live with in the second half of my life.

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 0