Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
“After four years as CEO, I want to seek new challenges and apply my extensive international experience in new tasks and projects."

You mean mess up another company? Automakers beware of this guy’s resume.
BMW has launched a massive product offensive the past 2-3 years under his leadership. After dwindling for much of the decade BMW’s products have improved, and I think their North American sales are recovering along with it.
I agree that bmw was already facing some challenges, and was at somewhat of a crossroads when Krueger took the helm. He inherited leadership of the company during a challenging time for bmw, and the auto industry as a whole. He's only been ceo for four years. He's likely set in motion, initiatives that might very well be a step in the right direction, but we won't see the fruits of these ideas until after he's out.

It's clear that he doesn't enjoy being in the spotlight, and wants to leave the position. This doesn't necessarily mean that he botched anything.

Looking forward, the auto industry is at a challenging, but potentially exciting crossroads. The decisions bmw makes in the coming years will do a lot to make or break the brand. Will they go down as the brand that defined the compact luxury car of the 90s and 2000s, or will they continue to lead, and redefine that (and, or other segments) in the decades to follow?
Appreciate 0