09-15-2019, 07:12 AM   #46
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
More confirmation yesterday on manual transmission....with some great quotes, IMO.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/fra...staying-manual

“There is no point for us putting a manual gearbox into an SUV, but we will continue with a manual in the M3 and the M4. It’s a small percentage of sales – with the biggest community in the United States – but it’s something very specific that sets us apart from our competitors, because not everybody is capable of doing it. Even more so in future.”
"It adds a lot of character, and while it may not be the more competitive variant, people like it," adds Flasch. "That's the crucial thing about our business: we have huge heritage. People love M and recognise the three stripes, everyone knows what they stand for. So why make good things worse?”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I don't mind the rev matching, modes, etc. I use them on the F8X and I'm sure I will should I opt for a G8X. I think I'm more concerned with the possibility of the MT being offered with significantly less power than the other variant(s).
Why does that concern you? The RWD f80 is already over powered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post

I totally agree. A manual transmission that rev matches is a semi-manual transmission.

Oh FFS!! I guess people will always find something to bitch about.

I have zero problems with the rev match. If you daily drive this car, rev matching is such a treat.

Sure I'd like the option to disable it if possible, but we already have that in sport+. So, ... ?

I'm just giddy that we will be having another gen M3 with a true 6 speed manual. It's also sad to see the DCT die and go to a converter, as good as the ZF8 transmission is. It dilutes the character of an M car.
Appreciate 4
seis-speed2426.00
JTO245246.50
SYT_Shadow11421.00